Friday, January 23, 2009

Thanatos

Looking through blogs today, I see an unhealthy fascination with death... Some people speak as if we are actually dead right now and they almost seem to want it that way. I have been to the very bottom of the barrel, emotionally speaking, and I have never once considered that we're all just dead and nothing we do matters. Spiritual life is here and now, if you've been listening you would know that. I act on spiritual will, things stay basically the same which proves to me that this really is the place we've been dreaming of and we need to focus our efforts into creating this world that we envision so clearly but want to wait for death or think we are already dead so we don't have to do anything because we're already there. I could walk up to your doorstep today and ask you "are we dead?". The void within says "yes" as a natural reaction, but the body says "no, we are alive, let's do something". I don't like the thanatological aspect of these studies, it seems too much like an easy way out. Magick is real, you are real, you aren't dead, we can do amazing things and create and love but we've all been brainwashed into thinking ourselves into death by our own belief systems that we don't bother to smell the flowers.

When I go to sleep, I am conscious when my body falls asleep. I float in the nothingness, in the seeming timeless static, in the dark, and lights show up all around. Now inside my mind completely, I am within an orb of possibilities, if I reach my consciousness out towards the edge and touch the reality screen-tunnel, I experience it. Yet, the orb is not a prison. It is simply a way to relate things in your physical life to your spiritual life. You can step out of this dreamsphere, and into a true reality. When you do this, you just wake up into physical reality, thinking differently. Your orb expands outward when you look beyond, becoming larger and providing more and more possibilities. The only catalyst is YOU, whether you want to act on those possibilities or not. This is free will. Yet, it is impacted by our fear. Fear simply says "not yet... now is not the time", giving you a chance to re-think the reality you are choosing to act out. A function of the mind to prevent psychic decay and decrepitude.

All around me in this physical reality are products, on the products are symbols, and the symbols tell us what the product really is and who put it there. The nostalgic quality of the synchronicity brings me back to it, searching for more. I truly understood synchronicity when I tripped on mushrooms (while being partly negative in the social aspect, it opened doorways I was banging on), as if my life was in the palm of my hand, a single symbol. My memories of youth are that of abandonment and neglect. My mind is permanently scarred, but I am still alive and that makes me think. I began studying these things out of a passion for no one to have to endure what I did, I want people to face trauma triggers and say "be gone" (although I highly advise against living unaware of your demons... I hope you understand my point), and I want to learn to do this myself. There can be no peace with trauma. We are entering an age where pain will be obsolete. People in "high places" will cling and nearly destroy the world in their efforts to return to the womb of their Piscean age. They clearly do not fully understand that which they are manipulating and it will show them in the end.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Intersting, Thanatos was sometimes depicted carrying a butterfly, which links the butterfly to death which is what I suspected from my Heart Shaped Coffin post. Most people live in perpetual death (depicted as zombies in movies) and never attempt spiritual growth, or even self improvement of any kind. The elites who plan world depopulation know this and don't see anything wrong with killing people who are already dead. And if you are awake they want you on their team. I wonder if such evil people could ever truely take advantage of the spiritual knowledge they keep hidden in their societies, or if it will backfire on them.

aferrismoon said...

At Stygian Port's comments picked up on the Inverted Torch .
In a post called IN-4-STRUCTURE I put the following Rider-Waite Tarot cards in order
- Twins-Hermit-Devil-Death.
The Twins have a blazing sun [ bottom half] , The Hermit has the sun/light enclosed within a lantern, the Devil has his Torch pointing downwards [ or inwards] and Death has a rising[outward] sun between Twin pillars on the horizon.
Following the 'sun' produces a plasant curve, ans its Death that brings the light from the dark 'hell' zone.

This 'death' then being something that may be repeated much as the shedding of skin etc, rather than some morbid once-in-a-lifetime offer that only seems to frighten people into their 'caves'.
This kind of zombification I guess leads some to want other to live in the cave next door so that they don't have to watch the shadows flitting across the cave entrance, and possibly inspiring them

I think Barak said something like : ' Americans [ aka any 'group'] has the right and will defend the right to go right on doing whatever it is we want to do. This we consider freedom'

cheers

oddly the word veri. = adedism

skrambo said...

Cheers, Aferris, your thoughts lead me to question some of my own thoughts expressed in my post... I didn't want to portray death in a light that was too negative, which I feel I may have done. Feel free to tear down whatever belief system I've "accidentally" thought myself into, please! That is part of why I'm here. :)

To me death is exactly what you say: A shedding of skin. I do not see it as a "one-shot" deal, but I am inclined to include the viewpoint of the agnostic and atheistic folks I am physically entrenched with who certainly do see death in that context, from my discussions with them. Even then, I feel there is more to do before we "pass on".

Thanks for reading, guys. I welcome all thoughts and ideas, especially from those who have, perhaps unwittingly, mentored me in my learning.

aferrismoon said...

Death seems to one of those words which we , as we seemingly know so little about the phenomenon, apply to anything thats convenient.
I agree that death as some kind of release so lets jump off a cliff = somewhat negative, and maybe does not = death, but stupidity [ perhaps]
perhasp at death some people don't know they're dead and perhaps then don't 'die'.

For reasons of clarity I'll call 'death' the complement of 'birth', with life as pulsating constant which gets interrupted by the import and export of those that get born and die [ necessitating an indeterminent life, as opposed to ' get born, pay for life, die, entirely predicatable]

There are many 'deaths' - The suicide, suicide bomber, the slow death of hamster life, the ability to walk away from a lucrative, safe job for something one really 'wants' to do, changing a habit, realising when 'fear' or 'paranoia' are giving one a chance to do something amazing rather than just something exciting or extreme, and more

Mort-gage seems a different form of death to the death of ,say, an explorer.

Though of course everyone's idea of 'death' is personal , however much others may disagree with it.

Cheers

skrambo said...

It does seem to be one of the issues of perception which divides people more than, say, choosing which toaster to buy. Quite recently I stopped fearing death, realizing how utterly nebulous my former idea of it was (as simple as turning off a machine and throwing it away, never to be seen again) and a death very close in my family drove me to think more about it in a way that doesn't involve people being seen as dispensable machines. Definitely personal, and I'm glad you took the time to tell me your thoughts on the matter.