Here are some things I picked up from my "vacation": 1. Wrong Way Wizard's write up of "The Shining" (Killing Time) is freaking awesome. Read what he's got to say, and also check out the theories from other writers he has made note of within the post as they are all worth reading. I spent most of the last 2 days taking in everything, watching The Shining again with his words in mind proves to be an even more frightening experience than what most people pick up on from the movie... I had first watched The Shining at my grandfather's house when I was 12, bad decision right? Though by that time I had already seen a lot of horror movies. The scene with the guy in the dog costume gave me nightmares for reasons I cannot explain, I think it's just the way it was shot.
2. I woke up this morning, and consciously went out of my body. I was face down outside (either my house or someone else's, I don't know for sure but there was a house) and I vividly recall the feeling of just sort of "popping" into this alternate body and seeing the grass in front of my face. I couldn't stand up, it seemed like the muscles in my legs didn't want to work. I somehow wound up in a girl's bed, releasing an audible sigh which woke me up (and I think my dad heard it too, awkward!).
I really spent most of my time sleeping and meditating (or both at the same time) so there's really not much to report... No huge revelations, no mind-shattering realizations and bad emotional spirals, just sort of surfing a wave.. I want to bring attention to this poster which hangs on the wall next to my bed:

I bought it from a Tower Records store right before they closed down. Red skeksis smile over green (heart) Gelflings, players trapped within the boundaries of the Yellow (ego) box though the creators (whose names are in 5th circuit Throat chakra Blue) are outside the box. Skeksis scepter has Moon symbols, including the crab claws (Cancer = moon), syncing with the big black pillar below, and the upside down triangle black pillar/Eye-in-Pyramid. Also take note of the tetrahedron/sun/merkabah behind the Red chakra resonating Skeksis overlord. Frank OZ had something to do with this, we are told...
Look what date it was released: 17 December 1982 (chinese year of the Dog/Sirius)
2 comments:
I will concur with the reading of WWWiz'z newest post on the shining. Undeniably insane genius. I'm gonna be busy reading his references for a long time.
Yeah, it's good he's got something new up to read..
Post a Comment