Monday, October 3, 2011

Occupy Yourself



I have to admit, when this whole Occupy Wall Street thing came up, I was all for it. I was excited about people actually making an effort to show they weren't going to take it anymore. I had actually started to agree with Anonymous about something. Anyone who has read my blog in the past knows I am very suspicious of Anonymous, so this was kind of weird for me. I just wanted it to spread like wildfire in the hopes that people were spreading the right kind of message.

But then that illusion kind of sifted away like those pretty little shells on the beach that you see for a second before they get washed away, gone as soon as they came.

This story talks about how the protests are essentially distracting from the real problem: it's not wall street, it's the central banks - Blaming Wall Street Is Wrong

From the article: "... we've been waiting for this subdominant social theme to make progress for some four years now since the economic meltdown of early 2008. People are very angry, and it's handy to blame stockbrokers and bankers for what's gone wrong.

It's not entirely right, of course. Wall Street, or much of it, provides an essentially transactional function. It wouldn't exist as it does without the larger economic system of the Western world driven by central banking.

There are very large centers of money power in Wall Street such as Goldman Sachs; and Goldman Sachs is certainly an integral and purposeful part of the modern corporatist system. But even much of what Goldman Sachs does is essentially transactional. It's fundamentally a business, an intermediary, and its employees are paid (a lot, admittedly) to perform certain functions. The real control, I'd argue, lies elsewhere.

To get at the root of the problem, one should be protesting, say, in London's City where central banking originated. Or protesting in front of the Federal Reserve in Washington DC. These are real seats of power. But the shadowy and excessively powerful and wealthy individuals who have created the modern economic system are quite satisfied no doubt to have Wall Street take the blame. It suits their purposes."


Which makes me wonder. It seems like the second I take off my glasses of discernment and just "go" with something that fits my idea of what should be happening, there is a subtle layer of control, a mind-game that I'm sure has been simulated over and over in some supercomputer. They are always one step ahead... But computers don't know how to love (yet). The protests have a sort of mystique around them, one that I think is entirely prescribed, not due to it being some sort of grassroots movement, but due to close control over variables in the event itself.

This next story delivers a very thorough and informative look at the symbolism used by Anonymous: Analysis of Esoteric Iconography used by Anonymous

Surely, there is much more to this than I had at first thought. It is with "hope" that we will forget that we have a left brain for a reason. Not to keep us in rigid cycles of circular logic, but to discern - to use what we have learned to filter information properly so we don't get wool pulled over our eyes. Duh. Sure, I had hoped to send a sort of "transmutative energy" to the protests by giving my attention, to see some real changes take place. But with the presence of Anonymous, I should have known better. I always had a slight sense of suspicion about the protests, given that before this point I had despised Anonymous. They are not the cyberpunk heroes you see in your mind when you imagine a group of hackers that regularly make world news. The confusion of the media is a trick, just as a private has no idea what his higher-ups are involved in, local newscasters are not privy to the information of a false-flag protest used to direct attention towards patsies. I'm hoping that this will at least get people thinking that centralized authority itself is the problem, and not just trying to negotiate with the authority or the banks.

It's one of those things where this shouldn't be news to me, I had an inkling that something was amiss but trusted that maybe people were starting to wake up.

5 comments:

E. T. Hansen said...

you said it!

Apophenia said...

Everytime we escape the net, we find the freedom that is later revealed to be just another net. Mayebe the answer is to not escape anything, to just stand perfectly still. Finding that answer, though, feels like an escape from something. Somehow we'll have to find that same answer without vocalizing it, or thinking it at all, just becoming it in an instant like being sucked into a black hole without warning. Which feels to me, a lot like letting go. Completely, which is happens instantly. With the delay of thought or words to instigate it, it falls short of putting you in eternal stillness, and sets you up in another net. Or maybe not, wtf do I know?

skrambo said...

I'm convinced that any restraints we put on our capacity to experience are entirely of our own design, but as far as things like world events as portrayed through any sort of media, there will always be a dense layer of muck to wipe away, and one should never take anything solely at face value. Do not fear, but do discern for yourself what you will put your energy towards.

Sibyl Hunter said...

Great post, Tommy. Very well written. I'm taking Apophenia's advice right now. I'm observing Occupy Wall Street and other things going on in the world around me, but at the same time I'm just being still and feeling my way through it instead of jumping to conclusions. It's a treacherous time. Who can you trust? Yourself.

Anonymous said...

The architects of the control system knew that some people would see through the lies, despite the best efforts to poison and misinform the population through the food supply and educational system. They understood that some people needed to reconcile these issues before they could be useful to the system again. We've been calling this "The Second Matrix." They allow controlled dissent knowing that once enough questions had been satisfactorily answered people would believe whatever information the Second Matrix had cooked up. I fell for that. I thought, "Well, there's so many other people with more time and resources doing this research for me. What's the point of researching anything myself?"

People will defend the Second Matrix with the same blind zealousness as other people defend their religious faith. It has been very effective COINTELPRO.

"We give them happiness, they give us authority." Cancer man, X-Files.