Last night I tried out a video game for the Xbox360 (resonance anyone?) called "Darksiders". In the game, you play as one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse, War (of course), and it's pretty much just the same "heaven vs. hell" story that is quite prominent. It's the kind of plot device that just kind of says "screw you" to peaceful coexistence. Anyway, it's interesting because the main "bad guy" in the game is a being called "the Destroyer" (Lots of Shivas in video games!), and the very first cutscene in the game is very, how do you say, "syncnificant".
Basically, the first cutscene is showing that meteors eventually strike the earth in modern times, but these aren't just any old meteors, they're actually fallen angels which crash to the earth (for unknown reasons, maybe they're using a false interpretation of the mayan calendar or something) and begin to destroy everything in sight. What's weird is that I have no idea who's working for who in this - War says he works only for "The Council" and no one else (which appears to be stationed somewhere in Hell and is represented by a trinity of huge stone demon faces), while the enemies you fight look like they were spawned from the same place as the Council. I probably should have listened to the story better, but it's just the same old thing as usual, and to be honest it's not the best game in the world, it's kind of a Zelda clone with some God of War stuff thrown in for extra seasoning.
Mass Effect 2 is also "in sync", as the main storyline appears to be about a plague (which humans are magically immune to) that threatens to wipe out the universe or something. You better get your swine flu vaccination! The entire universe is fucked without pharmaceuticals! *sigh*
I was doing a search for that old Zoobooks commercial (for the Oz/Zo thing and of course the unforgettable free Tiger/2010 poster) which I saw for the first time in probably 10 years last night, and this came up instead:
lol. Anyway, here's your free tiger poster!

You can't call it a ripoff if it's free.
2 comments:
Just went to read comments at Da WWWiz's newest...
Will Morgan said,"On the morning of 911 I awoke from a dream of the sky filled by falling stars.."
Then I read this in your post about 30 seconds later....
"Basically, the first cutscene is showing that meteors eventually strike the earth in modern times, but these aren't just any old meteors, they're actually fallen angels which crash to the earth "
The angels are from the book of revelations. They are Satan's army. The Jehovah's witnesses believe that they were cast out of heaven permanently in 1914....well at least it was 1914 when I last heard. They like to change there numbers. Any ways 1914 WW1.
I feel a military/war sync brewing. Synchropocalpse NOW. Plus something about Henrix has caught my attention.
my gamertag is EVIL ILLUMINATI ... add me
Post a Comment